View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
My NXT screen is barely visible 
Rookie

Post My NXT screen is barely visible
I am VERY new in this. This is my first post.
My NXT used to work well (just rechanged the battery too!). Today I am trying to connect the
Bluetooth device to my laptop, and I cannot make the NXT screen visible so that I set the Buetooth on and go to to do the
rest of the stuff to connect my laptop. What is wrong? How can I set the NXT to visible?

Thanks, John

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 pm
Guru

Post Re: My NXT screen is barely visible
What do you mean by "make the NXT screen visible"? Do you mean the physical LCD display on the NXT becomes blank? I have an NXT brick that does that from time to time. The display will go out and sometimes it will come back. Sometimes, it is only partially out. You can still see some pixels lighting up. I read some threads somewhere on discussions about some NXT LCD displays may be defective (loose connection or something) although I can't find the thread any more. I opened my NXT up but couldn't find anything visibly loose. Since then, I bought another NXT and that one doesn't have any problem. For the other defective NXT, I usually connect to it from my laptop via Bluetooth anyway so I opened the remote LCD screen on my laptop to see the display.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:04 pm

You should contact LEGO for a replacement. This is a known issue with some bricks. Don't mess with it, just get a new one from them, they will be happy to replace it.

- Xander

| ROBOTC 3rd Party Driver Suite: [Project Page]

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

I've seen this happen a lot if people leave their display exposed to sunlight or the elements for too long: the crystals can physically get damaged. That may not be the root of your problem, but it's a thought.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]