View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Summer Robotics Camp? 
Rookie

Post Summer Robotics Camp?
I was recently at a PLTW conference in Las Vegas and the instructor from Carnegie Mellon mentioned that there is a summer robotics camp for high school students. I did not get the specifics from him and I do not have his email. So, Im asking here, do any of you recommend a good week long summer camp that focuses on robotics and programming? I have 3 or 4 students that are very interested.

thanks

Wed May 04, 2011 2:12 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Summer Robotics Camp?
Hey there :) Where are you located?

You either had my training (I'm Vu) or Tim's I'm guessing. If you're located in the Pittsburgh area, the Robotics Academy partnered with an organization called the Sarah Heinz House to provide summer camps. More info can be found here.

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 am
Rookie

Hello, Vu. My name is Phil Winegar, I was in your class in Las Vegas. You did an outstanding job. I have been working closely with some PLTW students and my science olympiad team on building a robotic arm to compete at nationals. I would not have been able to do this with out your help. I live in Wisconsin and I have several Juniors that really would like to attend a camp this summer that works with robotics and programming. These are gifted students that are looking for a challenge. I thought you mentioned a one week camp somewhere. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thu May 05, 2011 5:40 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Phil! Thanks so much for the compliment :)

We do have one week camps here, but unfortunately the ones we offer are only in Pittsburgh. Actually, there are several one-week camps here that cater to all ages between K and 12th grade.

The only one I'm finding in Wisconsin is the NASA BadgerBOTs one but that's for grades 4-8. It looks like you may have to venture outside of WI for a summer camp, which would unfortunately get more costly.

Let me know if you do decide to go out and choose Pittsburgh as your destination. I can give you more information about it.

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Fri May 06, 2011 10:18 am
Rookie

Going to Pittsburgh is not a problem, we are willing to travel if the camp, just want to make sure that if we travel that far the camp is what we are looking for. The students that are interested in going are 11th or 12th graders and are considering a career in robotics, programming or a related engineering field.
Thanks

Phil

Fri May 06, 2011 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]