View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
RobotC connect to NXT via WIFI 
Rookie

Post RobotC connect to NXT via WIFI
I am running RobotC 3.03 F/W 9.03.
I've updated my samanthamodule with the new samantha.hex.
I tried to run the USB NXT updater 1.20 (i was told a newer version was already installed)
I've created a adhoc network "NORTH" with no password
I open RobotC, changed Platform type to "NXT + tetrix"
I go to NXT Brick. Search via USB or WiFI and it has never detected the NXT.
The samantha module white "wi-fi" led continues to blink.

I've tried securing the connection to the samantha module through the FCS, which stops the white LED from blinking but I still cannot connect via RobotC.

Thoughts?
Seriously frustrated with these Samantha Modules. Spending hours trying to secure connections with ad-hoc networks and with RobotC.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: RobotC connect to NXT via WIFI
Be aware that getting adhoc working with windows is more of an art than a science. Particularly with Windows 7 and some Intel WiFi chipsets.

As long as you can get to the web page of the samantha module from the browser (i.e. look at the address in SamoStat on the NXT) then you should be able to get to it through Fantom and ROBOTC.

Ensure that you can connect to the IP address reported by the NXT via the SamoStat program via a webpage first. If you can't, then there's no hope for ROBOTC to be able to connect.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm
Rookie

Also, my Adhoc network connection is now improving. It definitely is more of an art. Patience included.
I was able to connect to the NXT using the IP address found with SamoStat.
But, still no connection possible with RobotC.
What changes if any need to happen with RobotC 3.03 F/W 9.03 to deal with the fantom issues I've read about?
Other thoughts?
Thanks

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm
Rookie

Did you find a solution to your problem? I am having the same problem. I can connect to NXT through FCS and I can open the ip address shown by samostat in web browser but Robotc IDE won't find the brick through wifi. I have tried both 3.04 and 3.05 version.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:20 am
Rookie

I cannot get WiFi to work with RobotC, either. It worked the other day for me and now it does not. I have been trying to get it to work for over an hour and am very frustrated. 1) I can ping the IP address of the Samantha module just fine. 2) The Samostat program shows me the IP address of the Samanta module. 3) I can access the Samantha module's web page from my PC that has RobotC on it. 4) The FCS program sees the NXT just fine and I can start the Teleop program on my NXT from the FCS. 5) I am not using Adhoc mode

When I tell RobotC to look for bricks on WiFi, it does not find any. I don't know what to do at this point. It worked fine for me the other day on this same PC and NXT brick. The only thing I have changed is the router since the other day when I tried this. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Here is what messages are on RobotC:

34.123 Searching for any NXT bricks in boot mode
34.142 Searching for any NXT bricks connected via USB
34.147 Searching for NXT bricks in 'boot' mode
34.150 create NXT Iterator FAILED (xFFFDD53F/-142017) 'Fantom Err: 'No More Items Found''
34.157 Searching for any NXT bricks connected via USB, Bluetooth or WiFi
34.703 create NXT Iterator FAILED (xFFFDD53F/-142017) 'Fantom Err: 'No More Items Found''
34.722 No NXT bricks found via Wireless
43.909 Closing communications link 'NXT-Real'
43.919 Destroying window

Does anyone know how to get this to see the brick? I am using RobotC 3.08. Samantha has been updated with latest .hex file. NXT brick is also up to date.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 am
Rookie

Try updating your driver. You can download the latest version from http://www.robotc.net/files/NXT_USB_Driver_120.zip.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 am
Rookie

I already had the USB 120 driver installed and the installation program said nothing needed to be installed. Just for fun, I uninstalled the NXT USB driver from the control panel and then re-installed. Now it seems to be working again. With that said, it was working earlier for me this evening for a brief time and then stopped. I reset everything multiple times to no avail. RobotC could not see the brick while all other methods could. I hope the re-install of the USB driver fixes this issue permanently now. Time will tell. Thanks for your assistance!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 am
Rookie

Hello,
I'm experiencing the same problem, almost exactly as described above. I unistalled and reinstalled the NXT driver and it didn't fix the problem. The only thing I haven't done is updating the samantha.hex file. My samantha reports that it has version 2.02, which is what I thought was the latest. Is that not so?

Thanks for any help.

John

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]