View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Teleop Catalyst makes it very easy to write teleop programs 
Rookie

Post Teleop Catalyst makes it very easy to write teleop programs
Hello everyone,

I have just released a free program for RobotC called Teleop Catalyst that lets users "click together" pretty robust teleop programs using a simple, "click, command, create" workflow. While the user still needs to know how to write simple code such as
Code:
motor[ballSweeper] = 100;
, all the complexities of handling button presses, determining toggle states, driving, etc. are handled by my program and abstracted away from the user. I have included a couple screenshots below to help give you a better idea of what the catalyst does:

It is my hope that Teleop Catalyst will make the programming aspect of the FTC competition as painless as possible. Also, since the RobotC code generated by the catalyst is fully commented and formatted, it is a great way for those new to the RobotC programming language to learn about how the teleop code works.

To learn more about Teleop Catalyst, and/or give it a spin, visit it's website at: http://tituswoo.com/project/catalyst

I hope you like it, and I can't wait to hear what you think! :)

~Titus

P.S., if you like Teleop Catalyst, please consider becoming a fan on its Facebook page!

Last edited by techappetite on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: Teleop Catalyst makes it very easy to write teleop progr
I just started using it and it is VERY helpful

Thanks!!!

~SCOPE

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 am
Rookie

SCOPE, I'm glad you like it! :o
I saw your questions in the other thread and was wondering if you had figured out how to do the teleop code. It seems like you want the mini joysticks to drive the robot and use the triggers for doing other stuff? I saw the code that you posted later (using the touch sensors) as well in the same thread, but that looks like autonomous code.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

UPDATE: Tele-op Catalyst for ROBOTC has a new home!
Here's the new website: http://tituswoo.com/project/catalyst

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
Novice

Wow, this is amazing, congratulations! The IDE is very nice-looking as well! What language is TC written in? Are you considering releasing the source?

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:38 pm
Rookie

amcerbu wrote:
Wow, this is amazing, congratulations! The IDE is very nice-looking as well! What language is TC written in? Are you considering releasing the source?

Thank you! I'm glad you like it :D
I wrote Tele-op Catalyst using the Flex 4.5 framework, and then packaged it as an Adobe AIR application. I have considered releasing the source code but I "hacked together" this program as a learning experience, so the source code is VERY messy and not very maintainable. Also, I'm planning on making an even more powerful HTML5 version of TC sometime in the future (whenever I get the time to do it), so I'm not maintaining this Flash version anymore. That version will be open source!

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]