View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Bug? Audio output doesn't seem to be working. 
Senior Roboticist

Post Bug? Audio output doesn't seem to be working.
I have a Piezo buzzer connected with the "+" to digital port 10, and the "-" to GND. If I use this code:
Code:
#pragma config(CircuitBoardType, typeCktBoardUNO)
#pragma config(UART_Usage, UART0, uartSystemCommPort, baudRate200000, IOPins, dgtl1, dgtl0)
#pragma config(Motor,  servo_10,        ,              tmotorAudio, openLoop, IOPins, None, None)
//*!!Code automatically generated by 'ROBOTC' configuration wizard               !!*//

task main()
{
  for(int i = 0; i <=  127; i++)
  {
    motor[servo_10] = i;
    wait1Msec(400);
  }
}

Then it should do an upward sweep of tones, right? Instead, it gives me this error screen:
Attachment:
File comment: ERROR!
RobotC_exception.jpg
RobotC_exception.jpg [ 53.98 KiB | Viewed 2421 times ]

Am I doing this right? Or is it a bug?

"Don't they teach recreational mathematics anymore?" - The Tenth Doctor
Bow down to Nikola Tesla, King of the Geek Gods.

Fri May 18, 2012 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Post Re: Bug? Audio output doesn't seem to be working.
Not at computer so just guessing but did you try it on port 5 or 6 ? 9 & 10 normally used for servo motors and maybe the code doesn't like you using it for generating a tone.

Fri May 18, 2012 7:38 pm
Senior Roboticist

Dennis Mabrey wrote:
Not at computer so just guessing but did you try it on port 5 or 6 ? 9 & 10 normally used for servo motors and maybe the code doesn't like you using it for generating a tone.

Here's what I've tried: (these are all the standard variable intensity commands as far as I can tell)
Code:
#pragma config(Motor,  servo_10,        ,              tmotorAudio, openLoop, IOPins, None, None)
#pragma config(Motor,  motor_5,         ,              tmotorVariableIntensityLED, openLoop, reversed, IOPins, dgtl5, None)
#pragma config(Motor,  motor_6,         ,              tmotorAnalogWrite, openLoop, IOPins, dgtl6, None)

None of these produce any results. Any other ideas? Has anybody else tried this?

Fri May 18, 2012 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

Yes I get the same error. Using a logic analyzer it seems only the external h-bridge types are working.

Nothing else appears to work properly. analogWrite and variable LED do not generate a PWM signal.

Servos don't work as well. For example setting the motor value to 126 only generates a 9% duty cycle:

Code:
#pragma config(UART_Usage, UART0, uartSystemCommPort, baudRate200000, IOPins, dgtl1, dgtl0)
#pragma config(Motor,  motor_6,         ,              tmotorServoStandard, openLoop, IOPins, dgtl6, None)
//*!!Code automatically generated by 'ROBOTC' configuration wizard               !!*//

task main(){
    while(true){
      motor[motor_6] = 126  ;
    }
}

Changing the value didn't really change the signal much (value of 1 gave a 7% duty cycle).

More than likely they would not use the motor array to set these motor types anyway. Servos should be set by angle, audio by tone and duration, and analogWrite would be a value from 0-255.

It's beta so it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:14 pm
Senior Roboticist

Dennis Mabrey wrote:
Yes I get the same error. Using a logic analyzer it seems only the external h-bridge types are working.

Nothing else appears to work properly. analogWrite and variable LED do not generate a PWM signal.

Servos don't work as well. For example setting the motor value to 126 only generates a 9% duty cycle:

Code:
#pragma config(Motor,  motor_6,         ,              tmotorServoStandard, openLoop, IOPins, dgtl6, None)

task main(){
    while(true){
      motor[motor_6] = 126  ;
    }
}

(image ommited)

Changing the value didn't really change the signal much (value of 1 gave a 7% duty cycle).

More than likely they would not use the motor array to set these motor types anyway. Servos should be set by angle, audio by tone and duration, and analogWrite would be a value from 0-255.

It's beta so it just hasn't been implemented yet.

I suspected as much. But, I don't have a logic analyzer (or oscilliscope) so I couldn't be sure. I thought it was strange to have the "motor" command for all those things. Thanks for trying.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]