View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Use of serial programming cable 
Rookie

Post Use of serial programming cable
I'm having issues that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to use the USB Serial cable to connect a VexNet Joystick to a PC. However, I'm getting the error in device manager that the device cannot start. Interestingly, I get this exact same message when all I do is connect one half of the cable. This is I disconnect the portion of the cable that goes to the program port on the VexNet Joystick and just connect the cable to the USB port and get the exact same error message about the device not being able to start. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Use of serial programming cable
It appears that Windows is not seeing the cable as a valid device, which usually means one of two things; either the drivers are missing, incorrect, or corrupt, or that the cable itself is bad. I would suggest downloading and reinstalling the drivers from our website (http://www.robotc.net/download/cortex/) as software is usually the cause of these types of errors. Keep us posted on if this works or not.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:10 am
Rookie

I've updated the prolific drivers for Windows 7, and I'm still getting This device cannot start (Code 10)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

In Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel, make sure that you only have one version of the Prolific driver installed. If the version on the ROBOTC page isn't working, VEX has older versions of the driver that you might try, here: http://www.vexforum.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Downloads

If you haven't already, it's always a good idea to try rebooting your computer after installing driver software.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]