View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Helpto remove a saved program on Cortex 
Rookie

Post Helpto remove a saved program on Cortex
Being new to using VEX and RobotC I have a problem. I downloaded a line following program that is a continuous loop. As soon as a turn on the cortex, the program runs like it should. However, I can not load a new program because RobotC is waiting for the cortex to stop running the program so it can load a new one. Any advise how to dump the old program? Thanks

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Helpto remove a saved program on Cortex
ROBOTC should be able to compile over an already-running program; when you plug in the Cortex and try to compile and download, what exactly happens? Do you receive any error messages, do the lights on the Cortex do anything expected, etc? The more detailed information you can provide us with, the better we will be able to assist you.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Help to remove a saved program on Cortex
On the cortex, both the green LED of robot and Vexnet are lit and the game LED is not lit. When you plug the USB cable from cortex to PC, the already stored program runs (a continuous loop program to follow a line) and doesn't stop.

When trying to download the new program onto cortex, the old program is still running; when you download, the download progress window appears but the progress bar (green on my machines) does not advance to download the program onto the cortex (it has sat idle with no progress for over 20 minutes for a very basic turn on motors for three seconds programs). I don't know why the new program is not being downloaded. I can take a different cortex to teh same computer and it will download programs to that cortex.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]