View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
COMMANDS THAT ARE USABLE IN RVW 
Rookie

Post COMMANDS THAT ARE USABLE IN RVW
Hello,
I am taking an introduction course to RobotC at school using using the RobotC for Lego "Mindstorms" Student Pack. I am using the Lego MindstormNXT platform. I am using the Curriculum Challenge Pack for RVW.

I am pretty new to this. As I go through the lessons, I try the code given to see how it works. I have also been looking at the Help section in order to understand the commands better. Our teacher also gave us a list of motor commands listed in "Motors Overview". When I try some of these commands such as nMotorEncoderTarget[], I find that I am not able to get them to work. Later on, after browsing the Forums for RVW, I find that these commands are not supported in RVW.

It is frustrating to be totally new at this, sort of being able to make sense of the commands, but not totally, and then find that they are not supported in RVW. Is there a list of supported commands in RVW with a good description of how they work and how to use them. Even a list of supported or not supported commands would be nice.

Thanks

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm
Rookie

Post Re: COMMANDS THAT ARE USABLE IN RVW
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have an official list at this moment.

However, other than the advanced motor commands, the other unsupported commands are pretty straight-forward. RVW doesn't support things that rely on the physical robot. For example, Bluetooth or Battery status.

Meanwhile, we're working on improving the ROBOTC IDE interface to make these differences more clear.

If you've got a question about a specific command or functionality of RVW, go ahead and post it here.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

tasks?

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 am
Rookie

robusto wrote:
tasks?

They work.

Fri May 24, 2013 2:04 pm