View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
cable winding program 
Rookie

Post cable winding program
Hi
Im a freshman in a engineering class and Ive run into a little problem on Robotc
Our teacher gave us a design statement and we have to create a code that will solve it.
so here's the statement

"You and your team will have to design a device that can wind a specific length of rope(any length we choose). The rope should be able to windup and unwind consistently. There must also be an emergency stop button that can stop the winding process. (It should be able to start again)."

So after working on this program for few days, i found out i had to use multitasking in our program. Unforunately, my engineering teacher doesn't know how to use multitasking programs on robotc

Can someone please help.......my team is stumped and our project is due in 2 days :?: :?:

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: cable winding program
For a problem like this, I would suggest starting with psuedocode and breaking down each behavior step-by-step. You may not need to use multi-tasking for this particular program, as normally there are other solutions to multi-tasking that are easier to implement. Start with the psuedocode, though, and work from there; since this is a homework assignment, you probably won't get too much straight code until you post what you already have (hint; use the [code][/code] tags to post your code and we may be able to guide you in the right direction).

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]