View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Need help getting the buttons on back to work. 
Rookie

Post Need help getting the buttons on back to work.
ok robot runs successfully. I followed the instructions for the buttons to run my arm and claw. exactly as they said the arm and claw should move. BUT they do not move correctly(or at all). I have ports 6 and 7 for the motors, and channels 5 and 6. the code should work, I followed the tutorial perfectly... i have even tried making the robot a 1 stick drive and use the motors on channels 1 and 2 (the other stick) with no prevail. I have less than 36 hours to figure this out. i have a national competition on wednesday i need to have this for. I am running vex .2 fyi this vex 2.0 stuff really isnt working well. any help would be great!
please help i have also included my currently semi-working code

and early response by another poster:

JohnWatson wrote:

You may want to look through the Video Curriculum Trainer for the VEX Cortex. Specifically, you will want to look through the 'Remote Control' sections that explains the code that specifically pertains to remote control operation.

For this specific code example, the while loop is still the problem. Remember, a loop will continue running the code that is 'contained' inside of its opening and closing brace set {} while its condition is true:

Code:

while (1 == 1) //The code in between the next set of { and } will run while 1 is equal to 1
{ //Opening brace for the while loop

//Any code placed in here, between the opening and closing brace, will run while 1 is equal to 1. Since 1 will always equal 1, this code will run indefinitely; the loop will never 'exit' to the other portions of code

} //Closing brace for the while loop

//Any code placed outside of the while loop will not reach since 1 will always equal 1; the condition never becomes false, and the code never stops looping.

If you wish to run the entire program continually, you will need to place all of the code inside of the while loop's {} braces. This will make sure that each command is executed upon each pass through the loop.

Attachments:
bomb extractor start.c [3.15 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Need help getting the buttons on back to work.
Please try to keep the conversation to one thread as this will decrease on confusion.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]