View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Virtual Worlds option not available for VEX PIC 
Rookie

Post Virtual Worlds option not available for VEX PIC
I ran into an issue where I installed RVW and it was running fine then after working with some students on their programs I found I no longer had the option to select Virtual Worlds as a Compiler Target. The reason was that the students I was working with had two different kinds of brains (Cortex and PIC) and I was currently in the PIC platform type. You cannot use the Virtual Worlds as a Compiler Target if you are in the VEX 0.5 PIC or the Natural Language (VEX PIC) platform type. You must be in one of the CORTEX platform types in order for it to be available.

Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Virtual Worlds option not available for VEX PIC
That's correct... it is a choice that was made on purpose in an effort to reduce confusion.

On the NXT side, you can switch between NXT and NXT+TETRIX, and the values returned by the sensors don't change. That's not the case on the VEX side... the same potentiometer returns 0-1023 on the PIC, but 0-4095 on the Cortex, and the same goes for all of the other analog sensors. So in an effort to keep things simple, all of the robots in the virtual world operate in "Cortex mode".

Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]