View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Submitting VEX Toss Up Programming Challenge Issue 
Rookie

Post Submitting VEX Toss Up Programming Challenge Issue
I seem to have come across issues when submitting my score. Upon submitting the score through the VEX Toss Up Virtual World for the first time, the Youtube video did not load. I realized that I must have messed something up and redid the challenge. The same issue occurred. Is there something else I should be doing?

Also, the virtual world would only let me submit my score if it was higher than the first submitted score. The first run I did messed up slightly and I got less points than the program would have normally got. Would I be able to submit my score again if it is the same?

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Submitting VEX Toss Up Programming Challenge Issue
Hi Bot,
Sorry, that was our mistake - we had the competition set in the wrong submission format. You don't need to submit a YouTube video, but you do need to submit the code you used to achieve your score. If it's one file, you can submit the source file; if your code is in multiple files, just put them into a Zip file before submitting.

We've fixed our error, so you can submit your code by going to http://www.cs2n.org/competitions/vex-toss-up/submission/edit.

We only record your highest score for consideration in the competition, but you're welcome to attempt the challenge as many times as you want. If your code can get a higher score than you did, by all means run it as many times as you want until you achieve the maximum. If you want to submit modifications to your code, you can always go to http://www.cs2n.org/competitions/vex-toss-up/submission/edit and upload new versions. Keep in mind, though, that your code will be judged to make sure it is capable of achieving the score you submitted before you're eligible to receive prizes.

Sorry for the confusion,
--Ryan

Robot Potato Head; Virtual NXT

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]