View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
IQ Bot not running code autonomously 
Rookie

Post IQ Bot not running code autonomously
Works fine when connected to the computer running start int the debug window. Will not run when we disconnect and select code under auto pgms in brain driver control. What am I missing?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 pm
Rookie

Post Re: IQ Bot not running code autonomously
Let me add - when I select run, this error message pops up stopped (no time has lasped) connect controller. I did select automous in VEX IQ Controller Mode.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 pm
Rookie

disregard the error message - I realize that run under driver control is for the remote control

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not entirely certain if things are not working or if they're fixed.

In any case, make sure you remember the following:
1. When programming "Tele-Op" programs, you'll have to change the mode in ROBOTC from Autonomous to Tele-Op (Robot - VEX IQ Controller Mode)
2. When in Tele-Op mode, even if your program is 100% autonomous, you will still need a VEX IQ Wireless Controller powered on and linked to your VEX IQ Brain for the robot to actually run the program. This is a limitation of the hardware and something outside of ROBOTC's control.
3. If you're mode is set to "Autonomous", remember on the main VEX IQ menu that programs loaded under "Autonomous" mode will appear under the "Auto Pgms" (Autonomous Programs) menu. In Tele-Op, they'll appear under "TeleOp Programs"

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm
Rookie

Tim
Thanks for your reply.
We are having success running IQ bots with the Controller - attached and non-attached with the tether cable to the brain.
We are having success running IQ bots compiling and dowloading sample programs using the debugger start option when tethered to the computer.

We are not having success running bots autonomously - disconnecting the tether from the brain.

I tried what I think you suggested, still nothing.
I fully understand what you wrote in #1 and #3.
#2 is a little unclear. We want the bots to be able to run through challenges like the labyrinth autonomously, withou using the controllers.

Any written info on this or you could send me?

Also I got an error from the brain when trying to run programs and switching between the computer tether and controller tether:
Fatal error detected Error Code 2

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very strange on "Error Code #2" - this is not a ROBOTC message but rather a VEX IQ "master" firmware message. Can you give me a detailed list of steps to reproduce this (or did it only happen once?)

As for the autonomous programs - you should be able to select "Auto Prgm" from the main VEX IQ menu, and then from there select the name of the program you wish to run. You can then run the selected program by pressing the "Check" button. This should all happen either connected to disconnected from the computer. Make sure you're running (at time of writing this) ROBOTC Preview #3 and F/W 1.06 from the VEX IQ Update utility.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Rookie

Tim
Yes we're running ROBOTC Preview #3 and F/W 1.06. I have followed your instructions - still cannot run any program autonomously w/o the tether. Yes, when tethered, I can. In addition, I cannot toggle between downloaded programs in the Auto Pgms menu selection from the main VEX IQ menu. Am I the only one with these issues? If this is all that can be done, can we have a skype conversation to try and resolve this issue as I sit with the bot? I want the students to learn how to program autonomously. I'm getting frustrated.

Regarding the error, I don't know what I did to get it and it hasn't come up again.

Bob

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 pm
Rookie

Yeah! We're autonomous! I thought we were running F/W 1.06 but we were not. You guys must have included a recent upgrade. Thanks for your help Tim.

Bob

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]