View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Can't do anything with my Robot 
Rookie

Post Can't do anything with my Robot
I have a 2.0 cortex and me and my vex partner are switching between robotc and easyc by bootloading the cortex and downloading the firmware. It has worked up to now. I think I tried to download a program without a while one loop and it can't do anything while its running the loop. Is there a way to just wipe all of the cortex memory?
-Much thanks
123girr

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Can't do anything with my Robot
If you would like to restore the Cortex to a fresh 'out-of-the-box' state, you can use the VEXNet Firmware Update Utility (provided by VEX) to do so. Note that doing so will erase whichever programming language's firmware is on the Cortex at the time (ROBOTC or EasyC) and you will need to redownload the appropriate firmware before you can program the Cortex with that particular program again.

If you would like to use the default remote control program on the Cortex (but do not wish to revert to the original firmware), we provide the default remote control program under the 'File -> Sample Programs -> Advanced -> ROBOTC VEX Cortex Default.c' sample program.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Can't do anything with my Robot
Unfortunately, we have tried to bootload it with that program prior to posting this. Please understand that my past 5 comments have been in utter desperation and having no other way to turn. When we try to bootload it, the bootload tab doesn't pop out and we can't click it. When we plug it in, the program takes a minute to recognize that the cortex is plugged in, and when it did, it said the device wasn't responding. When we tried to download a program it said "slave cpu will not respond (master cpu is working).

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]