View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
setServoTarget Cortex equivalence 
Rookie

Post setServoTarget Cortex equivalence
I’ve been using a VEX IQ clawbot. I use the setServoTarget(nMotorIndex, nPosition) to move the claw and arm.
I recently purchased a VEX Cortex clawbot. The setServoTarget doesn’t seem to work for the VEX Cortex. What code or function can accomplish the same thing (move the clawbot arm and claw) for the VEX cortex?
Thanks

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Location: The plateau north of the Ohio River Valley, also known as Cave Country.
Post Re: setServoTarget Cortex equivalence
Is it possible that you have to set the motor moving after you set the target? That's what I have to do on the mindstorms platform. You see, I don't actually use vex, so I could really be wrong here. That's just my suggestion.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

With the VEX Cortex servos, you actually just need to use the motor[servoName] command to assign a value from -127 to +127; -127 is the maximum position the servo can turn to in one direction, while +127 is the maximum position in the other direction. You can find more detailed information on the servo modules with the VEX Cortex here: http://www.education.rec.ri.cmu.edu/pro ... _servo.pdf

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 pm
Rookie

JohnWatson - for the claw and arm I'm using a "2-wire motor 393" that comes with the clawbot kit. I'm not actually using a servo. Is there a way to make the motor act like a servo?

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

rstar wrote:
JohnWatson - for the claw and arm I'm using a "2-wire motor 393" that comes with the clawbot kit. I'm not actually using a servo. Is there a way to make the motor act like a servo?

This will make things a bit more complicated, but it is possible to do; what you will essentially need is a feedback sensor (such as a potentiometer or a quadrature encoder) attached to the motor's output shaft to determine where the motor's rotation is versus where you want it to be. There is a very informative discussion about this on the VEX Forums (http://www.vexforum.com/showthread.php? ... r+position) that you may want to use for reference.

I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my code now,
So fix it, maybe?
~ Carly Rae Jepsen parody

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]