View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Visual RobotC vs. Text-based RobotC 
Rookie

Post Visual RobotC vs. Text-based RobotC
Could I successfully learn text-based RobotC (3.X) in a course that uses the graphical version of RobotC? My school uses text-based and will probably (hopefully) not replace it with the new graphically based version.

Are the concepts the same? Not too worried about the syntax; I can probably just easily look that up.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Post Re: Visual RobotC vs. Text-based RobotC
Yeah, absolutely. There is actually a command in ROBOTC Graphical that converts the graphical text to ROBOTC natural language.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:17 pm
Rookie

parkway wrote:
Yeah, absolutely. There is actually a command in ROBOTC Graphical that converts the graphical text to ROBOTC natural language.

Thank you, I didn't know that. However, the version I'm using for this course over the summer is still different from the one my school utilizes even when converted to the text-based format. I think my school uses 3.x and the one I'm using is 4.10.

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Yeah, the great thing about the curriculum is that it will teach you the computational and algorithmic thinking that translates to any programming language. Moreover, the syntax that you see in full ROBOTC is also modeled in graphical. So, the concepts and the syntax are very similar. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]