View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Vex and RCX/NXT RobotC 
Rookie

Post Vex and RCX/NXT RobotC
Hello,

I was one of the original beta testers of RobotC but have been away for a few months. Apparently there are new forums, looks good BTW.

I have one question though. I wanted to purchase RobotC to use on both my Vex and NXT/RIS sets. Do I need to purchase two copies or will one license work for both?

Take care,
KJohn

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 pm
Novice

Yes, they have separated the two product lines. This means you will need to purchase an NXT/RCX licence and also a seperate VEX licence.

Cheers
James

Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

He is correct, John. You will have to purchase a license for the two separate product lines: VEX, and Mindstorms (NXT/RCX). Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:36 am
Rookie

Once I purchase a license how long am I entitled to upgrades for?

Is there any additional cost for said upgrades?

Is the software tied to me or my computer, that is, when I change computers or reload this one, can I just reinstall or do I need to go through some on line process to register (I have product that do the later and they become a problem when the vendor changes policies, goes out of business, gets sold, etc.) :wink: ?

Thanks again for a great product. Regardless of policy I will be purchasing both version as it is sweet to have a nearly single development environment for all my robot toys. :)

Take care,
KJohn

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:52 am
Rookie

Is there somewhere on this site that answers these types of questions?

I looked around but did not see anything. As a matter of fact some of the purchase links either didn't work (i.e. they must have been old and were just plain text) or lead me to odd places.

Take care,
KJohn

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:54 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

You picked the right area to ask these kinds of questions :)

As far as the purchase links, I just checked them out and they should be working. If you go to "Purchase ROBOTC" from the main site, it should take you to a page that gives you a choice to buy the CD or go through the Internet Download process.

I'm assuming you're choosing the internet download. So just click on that, and then click on the Single License link for both the ROBOTC for Mindstorms and ROBOTC for VEX.

A page will come up (which is our online store), and you just have to go through that process to purchase a license for ROBOTC.

When you "activate" ROBOTC, and you install an "updated" version of ROBOTC, it will automatically recognize that you have already done so, so the new updates will already be unlocked for you. There is no cost for ROBOTC v1.x updates, you just have to download them.

If you have a special case where your computer has crashed several times, then you will have to contact us to work with you on resetting your activations.

I hope this answers all of your questions. :)

Robotc.net| Robomatter Store | Robotics Academy | CS2N

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]