View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RVW Controller Help 
Rookie

Post RVW Controller Help
I am trying to use my Xbox One controller to control Robot Virtual Worlds. It is connected through a wired connection.

However, in the controller screen, some buttons don't work as they should. When I press certain buttons, it tells me another is being pressed.

Is there a way to configure my controller options?

UK National Championship Innovate Award winners

Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:58 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RVW Controller Help
RVW doesn't support XBox one controllers. It only supports PC Controllers and the one they recommend is the Logitech F310 Gamepad Controller. However, even with this controller I have had problems.
To configure your controller, go to the Joystick Configuration under the Window menu in RVW. This option will only appear if you are in if the menu level is expert or super user. You can't configure the buttons (or at least I can't) but you can configure the joystick axes by selecting the custom joystick config box. If you push the buttons or move the axes on your joystick, it will display the values it thinks they represent.

If it says it can't find your joystick, just refresh or reselect it. I find it tends to lose the joystick during configuration.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 pm
Rookie

Post Re: RVW Controller Help
The Controller is at the center of what makes VEX IQ robots fun to build and easy to use. VEX IQ allows you to build a robot and drive it immediately, giving instant success and testing the robot. Every kid already knows how to control a VEX IQ robot from playing video games. We bring that control to robots with a custom Controller made specifically for kids hands. The two analog joysticks give fine control for accurately driving and turning a robot, or raising an arm with precise control. Eight buttons provide additional robot control for closing a claw, or activating a mechanism. R Programming Training | SharePoint Training | DataStage Training | SQL Training | SAS Training | Android Training

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]